Monday, July 2, 2012

Horseshoe Bend--Slaton, TX

We went out to Horseshoe Bend this morning to watch the beautiful hand of God at work.  I love this area.  The sky was colorful and the breeze was cool.  It's a beautiful day that the Lord has made!

After spending the morning in Horseshoe Bend we made our way into the small town of Slaton, TX.  There is a Steakhouse on 9th Street where we stopped for breakfast.  I love the Mom and Pop places.  The locals were already there eating their usual and drinking coffee before starting their day.  
I'm sure we were the talk of town! 

A song comes to mind when I see these beautiful scenes of our day and it goes something like this...
I'm from the COUNTRY and I like it that way!!


Beautiful view with no building in the way of God's land.



Barbed wire and an old fence post equal beauty in my book.

The Sunflowers were already turned toward the rising sun.


Look at the wild grasses shining in the light of the sun.

The locals enjoying each others company at the Slaton Steakhouse.  I miss this.
 Everybody knows everybody
Everybody calls you friend


One last view of the country life before making it back to Lubbock.  This is the most beautiful thing ever!
Agriculture, wind turbines, and electricity all sharing the same space.
It was so good to get out of town for a few hours and enjoy the quiet places called the country.
I'm from the COUNTRY and I like it that way!!

Leave a comment and tell me...
What does your "country" look like? 
Where do you go to get away from it all?
What does God's Land look like to you?
Got a picture or a story??!!
Feel free to share by clicking the Add Comment link down there!!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment