Sunday, November 25, 2012

NM Thanksgiving Tree Trimming

We headed out to New Mexico for Thanksgiving with my folks on Saturday morning when we got off work.  We wanted to go to town with Dad to pick out the Christmas tree.  He said he had to check wells first... needless to say, we were pooped from working all night.  We fell asleep a few times, but we did finally make it to town and got a tree! The ride back was full of snores and Mom had delicious ham, beans, and cornbread ready for us!!!! After a nap, Mom and I decorated the Christmas tree and then took another nap! I left her with the mess of decorations on the table.  I can't wait to see the house all decorated when we visit next!

Over 24hrs with no sleep and he finally crashed.

Isn't this the cutest! I love coming back to the small town life!

We found a tree! We need snow to make this complete!

The tree was super heavy, but we finally got the tree in and the boys gave it over to us girls.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


Mom hand painted this nativity long ago and it is on the tree every year.
She told me when she painted it...not to touch...I did!! I put my finger in the paint on Mary! Hehe!!

I think we finally got everything on the tree.  The table was still full of decorations when we left.


Happy Holidays to all! Enjoy this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment